It’s another week of The Broke and The Bookish‘s weekly meme, Top Ten Tuesday, when book bloggers come together and share their thoughts on the weekly topic. This week, it’s “2016 Debut Novels We’re Excited to Read.”
I changed the topic to books with 2016 release dates because that just makes more sense to me, even though some of these are debut authors, plus it’s my birthday and I’ll do what I want. Not many summaries or explanations in this post either; it’s for you to explore!
- (K) for Kids by Mara Wilson. (Debut book) Remember the little girl from Matilda and Mrs. Doubtfire? She’s hasn’t acted in years but has now taken a stab at writing. Kudos to her for following her passion. Mara’s website.
- After the Woods by Kim Savage. (Debut book)
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead.
- This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. (Debut book) This is a novelization about a school shooting in Alabama, and takes readers through various points of views through those frightening 45 minutes. There are mixed reviews on Goodreads, but I’d like to form my own opinion.
- The Museum of Hearbreak by Meg Leder.
- I’ll See You In Paris by Michelle Gable.
- Harry Potter: Magical Places & Characters Coloring Book. Because I’m an adult.
- Doctor Who Coloring Book. You can’t judge me.
- In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahiri. I’m excited for this book only because I know exactly who I can gift this to for their birthday next year. Shhh! :)
- Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben. Because who doesn’t like a good mystery novel?
Are there any books you’re particularly excited for next year?